Under the Coalition Government's proposals:
1. All students will repay less per month under this Government’s policy than they currently pay.
2. The lowest-earning 25% of graduates will repay less under this Government’s policy than they do now.
3. The top-earning 30% of graduates will pay back more than they borrow and are likely to pay more than double the bottom 20% of earners.
4. Over half a million students will be eligible for more non-repayable grants for living costs than they get now.
5. Almost one million students will be eligible for more overall maintenance support than they get now.
6. Part-time students will no longer have to pay up-front fees, benefiting up to 200,000 per year.
7. There will be an extra £150m for a new National Scholarship Programme for students from poorer backgrounds and we will introduce tough new sanctions for universities who fail to improve their access to students from such backgrounds.