Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Monday, 21 February 2011

Why Lord Patten gets my vote again

So Lord Patten appears set fair to be the next Chairman of the BBC Trust. As a supporter of the BBC, I think that this is great news, as he is a strong political animal who understands how things are done in government. My only wish is that we could go back to having the good old-fashioned Board of Governors of the BBC, but this sadly appears to be on nobody's agenda. I voted for Lord Patten to be Chancellor of the University of Oxford, it being a wonderful guilty pleasure to put a cross next to the name of a prominent Conservative. Actually, I didn't put a cross, I put a 1, as the election was being conducted by Alternative Vote. I wonder if David Cameron cast a ballot on that occasion? Talking of which, Andrew Rawnsley in yesterday's Observer was interesting on this - worth a look if you haven't already read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment