Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Shahid Malik joins I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue

I have never had any particular issues with Shahid Malik, who I met once in passing when he was a Labour minister. However, he now appears to have become a panellist on I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue, a radio comedy show on which the chairman gives the teams silly things to do. A silly thing that Mr Malik has apparently done is to lend his weight not to the forces of reconciliation in the Middle East, but to those very forces that are surely least likely to achieve anything on this score. Whatever Mr Malik did or did not say at the event in question, his actions are counter-productive to his own cause, if that cause is the creation of a Palestinian state that will live peacefully alongside a secure Israel. It's a shame to see someone who can be so sensible being, on this occasion, so very silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment