Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Wednesday, 13 July 2011

Liberal government and public services reform

I might have advised David Cameron to risk ridicule by postponing Monday's launch of the Public Services White Paper, once it became obvious that the launch was going to so grievously overshadowed by the day's other news. Anyway, in the wake of that launch comes this interesting article by Danny Alexander and Oliver Letwin, which reminds me why I (still) like this Coalition Government as much as I do. This piece blends the best of Conservative and Liberal Democrat thinking to produce a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts; I strongly welcome the approach that it embodies and the liberal agenda at this government's heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment