Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Wednesday, 10 August 2011

Obama joins Romney in race to the bottom

My heart sinks at the suggestion (in this interesting article on Politico) that the Obama camp appears set on a deeply negative campaign against the front-runner for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination, Mitt Romney. Given President Obama's own unpopularity, his aides apparently believe that they can only win if they render Romney even more unpopular than their own guy is. I can hardly blame them for thinking that, but it is still a shame that it's come to this.

2 comments:

  1. Drew Westen in The Political Brain writes well about when it's right for campaigning to go negative. If bad things are true of a candidate, the public ought to know. The guy might end up getting elected! It does the public no service to avoid talking about those things.

    ReplyDelete