Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Saturday, 3 September 2011

Congratulations to Brian Paddick

I have already congratulated Brian Paddick on his selection as the Liberal Democrat candidate for Mayor of London in the election of 2012, and I want to echo that congratulation here. Brian is a terrific candidate. The closeness of the result demonstrates the esteem in which Mike Tuffrey (who came second in the selection) is held by many people, and it's great also that Brian Haley got such a creditable result as a candidate who was perhaps less well-established in the party than the other three. And Lembit Opik - well, he stood as well, didn't he, and he needs no words of mine, as he clearly has so very many of his own. Seriously, I don't know Lembit personally, so good luck to the guy - whatever. Brian Paddick would make a much better mayor than Johnson or Livingstone and he can now take the fight to the enemy, aiming for the best possible result and the election of more Lib Dem London Assembly Members. Of course, "the best possible result" would be a win if the people of London so decided - that's up to them and I'm convinced that Brian will be very positively received in the coming weeks and months. I'm delighted to have supported him and very pleased that he has been selected.

No comments:

Post a Comment