Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Thursday, 23 February 2012

FT on Lib/Con foreign policy

An interesting reflection on the foreign policy challenges facing the UK's Conservative/Liberal Democrat Coalition Government and the politics thereof, including Iran, at: http://m.ft.com/cms/s/0/e02ebdd0-5e49-11e1-8c87-00144feabdc0.html. One reads that, on Iran, Foreign Secretary William Hague "is in tune with the views of Nick Clegg, the Lib Dem leader and deputy prime minister, who insists there should be no attack until all other options have been exhausted". I am in tune with both of them. That kind of being the point of tough sanctions - to exhaust all other options, in the hope that military action never becomes necessary. I heard someone the other night explain why a nuclear Iran changes everything and you'd better believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment