Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Thursday, 8 March 2012

"Is there a future for the Arabs in Israel?"

Writing here in a personal capacity, one reads that a group of Lib Dem party members called Liberal Democrat Friends of Palestine is organising a fringe meeting with this title at this weekend's Liberal Democrat Spring Conference. I shall not here attempt to answer what is surely a rhetorical question, beyond saying that I have blogged here previously about the issues facing Arab citizens of Israel, and would refer anyone who is interested to the excellent work of two particular British organisations: the UK branch of New Israel Fund and, most of all, the UK Task Force on Issues Facing Arab Citizens of Israel. As a British taxpayer, I am pleased that the UK Government is funding efforts to promote better ties between Jews and Arabs in Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment