Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Saturday, 24 March 2012

Oil crisis in Gaza

Only when you read the story (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/world-middle-east-17487388) do you discover that "a lengthy fuel crisis" in the Gaza Strip is caused not by Israel, but by "a dispute between Egypt and the Hamas government in Gaza over whether Gaza can trade with Egypt openly, or only via Israel". I suggest it might be a good idea if the Egyptian Government and Hamas sort this out. Another story about Gaza (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/mobile/world-middle-east-17028000) says that: "Last year Egypt eased restrictions allowing people to travel more easily, but all legal trade is still forbidden and the tunnel industry continues to thrive." So Egypt is forbidding all legal trade between its citizens and the Palestinian people of Gaza?! I assume that everyone reading this knows that Egypt and Gaza share a border? I write here in a personal capacity.

No comments:

Post a Comment