Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Tuesday, 24 July 2012

Marble Arch fountains

As part of the rather lovely restoration of Marble Arch and its green space, the London-ocracy came together in committee, and I was on it as I was then working as Thames Water's Local and Regional Government Liaison for central London.

Thames Water was involved in restoring the fountains, which are switched off today for cleaning - two nice chaps from the maintenance company Conway kindly pointed me towards the plaque commemorating Marble Arch's re-opening, replete with a Thames Water logo (https://www.westminster.gov.uk/press-releases/2009-06/marble-arch-lights-up-the-west-end/ - I didn't go, although invited).

Even with the fountains switched off for a little while today, it all looks rather beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment