Read my blog at Huffington Post

I also blog at Huffington Post's new UK site; please click here to read my posts there.

Saturday, 9 August 2014

Two great Foreign Affairs articles on Israel/Gaza

The American magazine Foreign Affairs has some claim to be the world's leading foreign-policy journal and its readable, accessible style reminds me of The Economist at its best. I'm signed up to a free weekly email offering links to its best articles, and yesterday that email took me to the two (short, non-academic) pieces below. Amid the horrendous din of pro-Israeli and pro-Palestinian comment, argument and propaganda by which we are all currently being so painfully overwhelmed, the two pieces below are an objective breath of fresh air, and I strongly urge you to read them:

http://m.foreignaffairs.com/articles/141834/benedetta-berti/dangerous-disarmament

http://m.foreignaffairs.com/articles/141698/mark-perry/gazas-bottle-rockets?cid=nlc-foreign_affairs_this_week-080714-gazas_bottle_rockets_5-080714&sp_mid=46659115&sp_rid=bWF0dGhldy5oYXJyaXNAaG90bWFpbC5jby51awS2

No comments:

Post a Comment